- To provide handicapped friends a hindrance free workplace and training a volunteer/ workforce.
- To help handicapped friends to have a healthy life style.
- To promote the awareness campaign in love, strive for the welfare.
- To organize a volunteer team that aims to provide love and care to the group of Under-privileged individuals.
- To implement waste material recycle, hence promoting a socially green
- Provide an opportunity for PWD to earn meager income
- Hope for PWD, enhance the value of their life, and instill the spirit of self-help.
- Build up the confidence of PWD and help them to grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Lovely Disabled Home provides job opportunities for the special needs.
Founded in November 2005, Lovely Disabled Home is a non-governmental and non-profitable organisation specialises in providing job opportunities to the physically and mentally challenged individuals who are 18-year-old and above.
We believe everyone, including these special needs individuals, have their own value and purpose. If they are given an opportunity and proper training, they can have stable employment.
Currently, the home has 55 special needs individuals, each with different levels of abilities. They shared the same attitude and passion to work and live a fulfilling life. Many of them were shy when they first started with the home but over the years they grew and developed self-confidence.
This has given Lovely Disabled Home the assurance that the organisation is doing the right thing.
The home has two divisions – packaging workshop and recycling centre. To secure a job opportunity here, each individual will be interviewed and assigned to either one of the divisions for training.
For those working at the packaging workshop, they would be involved in packing take-away utensils, blankets and socks. At the recycling centre, they will focus on collection and categorisation of recycled items to be sold.
In order to sustain jobs for its members, Lovely Disabled Home has also collaborated with a local socks manufacturer to produce high-quality socks which will be packed by these special individuals.
The socks can be bought via Lovely Disabled Home website (www.lovelydisabledhome.com). They are also marketed by some organisations, including the churches.